Monday, June 9, 2014

Erzabeth Bishop's Sigil Fire




Paranormal fantasy, as a genre, often falls into a rather cheesy place, where vampires and weres exist in a real-world setting, beset with magic, yet those things merely mask a basic romance novel.   Given my wary disposition toward the genre, I was pleasantly surprised by the story crafted by Erzabeth Bishop in Sigil Fire.  In fact, Bishop's characters, an intricate weaving of action, and overall descriptive style caught me off-guard and left me wanting to read more.  While I am familiar with her novel, Beltane Fires,which I enjoyed, I found Sigil Fire to be much more compelling a tale.
Within paranormal setting of layered worlds of magic, cast with dark shadows and intrigue, Erzabet Bishop creates a thrilling detective tale, complete with strong female characters, a largess of succubus sexiness.  If, as Bishop writes, "sigil and blood magic will be the path that sets you free, " then Sigil Fire will mark you with the power to lose yourself in fantasy for a time, becoming swept away within the rich panorama of the dark, paranormal world -- a world robust with vampires, succubbi, witches, weres, and oh my, sexy fantasy.  Bishop's novel is a well crafted novel, intensely emblematic of the paranormal genre.  SigilFire is well worth a good reading, in moonlight, awaiting your own succubus.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on the blog. Glad you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out early too! http://www.amazon.com/Sigil-Fire-Erzabet-Bishop-ebook/dp/B00KVJ2EDQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1402339075&sr=1-1&keywords=sigil+fire

    ReplyDelete